Syllabus and the best books for APPSC Group 2.
Screening Test Syllabus For APPSC Group 2
a) Current Affairs – Issues of National and International importance in politics, Economics, Society, Science, Technology, Arts, Sports, Culture and Governance.
b) Constitution of India with emphasis on Federalism, Fundamental Rights, Fundamental duties, Union and State Governments, Judiciary, Judicial Review, Local Government, Directive Principles of State Policy, Union and State Legislature, Administration and Legislative relations between Union and State Governments, Scheduled and Tribal Area Administration.
c) Economic Development of India – Economy in Medieval India, pre–Independence Indian economy, Development Plans and Economic and Industrial Policies of Independent India. Liberalizations, Privatization, Globalization, Labour Policies of Union and State Governments, role of Agriculture and Green Revolution in India. Economic disparities between regions and population categories.
Syllabus For Main ExaminationPaper -I
General Studies and Mental Ability
1. Events of national and international importance.
2. Current affairs- international, national and regional.
3. General Science and it applications to the day to day life Contemporary developments in Science & Technology and Information Technology
4. Social- economic and political history of modern India with emphases on Indian national movement.
5. Indian polity and governance: constitutional issues, public policy, reforms and egovernance initiatives.6. Economic development in India since independence.
7. Geography of India with focus on Andhra Pradesh.
8. Disaster management: vulnerability profile, prevention and mitigation strategies, Application of Remote Sensing and GIS in the assessment of Disaster
9. Sustainable Development and Environmental Protection
10. Logical reasoning, analytical ability and data interpretation.
11. Data Analysis:· Tabulation of data· Visual representation of data· Basic data analysis (Summary Statistics such as mean and variance coefficient of variation etc.) and Interpretation
12. Bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh and its Administrative, Economic, Social, Cultural, Political, and legal implications/problems, including
a). Loss of capital city, challenges in building new capital and it’s financial implications.
b). Division and rebuilding of common Institutions.
c). Division of employees, their relocation and nativity issues.
d). Effect of bifurcation on commerce and entrepreneurs.
e). Implications to financial resources of state government.
f). Task of post-bifurcation infrastructure development and opportunities for investments.
g). Socioeconomic, cultural and demographic impact of bifurcation.
h). Impact of bifurcation on river water sharing and consequential issues.
i). AP REORGANISATION ACT, 2014 on AP and the arbitrariness of certain provisions.
PAPER-IISECTION-ISOCIAL AND CULTURAL HISTORY OF ANDHRA PRADESH
1. Social and Cultural History of Andhra Pradesh: Geographical Features of Andhra – Its Impact on History and Culture – Pre-History – The Satavahanas, Ikshvakus – SocioEconomic and Religious Conditions – Literature, Art and Architecture – The Eastern Chalukyas of Vengi – Society, Religion, Telugu Language, Literature, Art and Architecture.
2. Various kingdoms that ruled Andhra Pradesh between 11th and 16th Centuries A.D Socio- Cultural and Religious conditions in Andhradesa between 11th to 16th Centuries A.D, Growth of Telugu Language, literature, Art, Architecture and Painting.3. Advent of Europeans- Trade centers- Andhra under the Company– 1857 Revolt and its impact on Andhra- Establishment of British Rule- Socio-Cultural awakening, Justice party/self respect movements- Growth of Nationalist Movement in Andhra between 1885 to 1947– Role of Socialists– Communists– Anti- Zamindari and Kisan Movements.4. Origin and growth of Andhra movement- Role of Andhra Mahasabhas- Prominent Leaders- Events leading to the formation of Andhra State 1953. Role of News Papers in the Andhra Movement.5. Events leading to the Formation of Andhra Pradesh State – Visalandhra Mahasabha – States Reorganization Commission and Its Recommendations - Gentlemen Agreement – Important Social and Cultural Events between 1956 and 2014.
SECTION-IIGENERAL OVERVIEW OF THE INDIAN CONSTITUTION
1. Nature of the Indian Constitution – Constitutional Development – Salient features of Indian Constitution – Preamble – Fundamental Rights, Directive Principles of State Policy and their relationship - Fundamental Duties, Distinctive features – Unitary and Federal.
2. Structure and functions of Indian Government- Legislative, Executive and Judiciary Types of Legislatures- Unicameral, Bicameral- Executive – Parliamentary, Judiciary Judicial Review, Judicial Activism.
3. Distribution of Legislative and Executive Powers between the Union and the States; Legislative, Administrative and Financial relations between the Union and the States–Powers and the Functions of Constitutional Bodies- UPSC, State Public Service Commissions, CAG and Finance Commission.
4. Centre- State relations- Need for Reforms- Rajmannar Committee, Sarkaria Commission, M.M. Punchchi Commission - Unitary and Federal features of Indian Constitution.
5. Amendment Process to the Constitution - Centralization Vs Decentralization - Community Development Programs- Balwantray Mehta, Ashok Mehta Committees73rd and 74th Constitutional Amendment Acts and their Implementation.
6. Indian Political Parties- National, Regional- One Party, Bi-Party, Multi-Party Systems Regionalism and Sub-Regionalism–Demand for New States - Sri Krishna Committee – National Integration- Threats to Indian Unity.
7. Welfare Mechanisms in India-Provisions for Scheduled Castes, Tribes and Minorities, Reservations for SCs, STs and Backward Classes- Prevention of SCs and STs AtrocitiesAct- National and State SCs, STs and BCs Commissions, Women’s Commission, National and State Minorities Commissions – Human Rights Commission- RTI- Lokpal and Lok Ayukt.
PAPER-IIIPLANNING IN INDIA AND INDIAN ECONOMY
· Planning in Indian Economy and present states
· Socio- Economic - objectives and outlays of Five Year Plans – alternative strategies - Goals and Achievements – Causes for failure of different Plans –New economic reforms 1991
. Regulation of the Economy – Creation of regulatory bodies-NITI Aayog- Co operative Federalism and decentralization of financial resources.
· Indian Economic Policies· Agricultural policies – Industrial policies since 1956 – IT industries – Monetary policy of RBI – Fiscal policy – Objectives – Fiscal Imbalance and Deficit Finance –New Foreign Trade Policy.
· Current account imbalances; FDI.
· Availability of Natural resources and Development
· Population- size, composition and growth–Trends; Occupational Distribution of Work force Human Development Index as a measurement of development. Demographic Dividend.· Money, Banking and Public Finance
· Concept of Money and measures of money supply ; Creation of credit by Commercial Banks; determination of Price level- Inflation , its causes and remedies; Budget – taxes and non-tax revenue. Goods and Service Tax (GST)
· Meaning and Measurements of Growth
· Distinction between growth and development – Measurement of growth - Growth,
· Development and Underdevelopment – Characteristics of Underdevelopment – Stages of development – Sources of capital formation – Growth strategies; Deregulation and growth.
· National Income
· National Income and concepts – Gross Domestic Product – Net Domestic Product, Per capita income.
ECONOMY OF ANDHRA PRADESH
1) Contribution of agriculture to income and employment in Andhra Pradesh. Land reforms in Andhra Pradesh – Need for Land Reforms – Structure of Land Holdings Forest and sown–Irrigated area – Cropping pattern – sources of agricultural finances – agricultural subsidies – public distribution system in Andhra Pradesh.
2. Five years plans of Andhra Pradesh – Outlays – Finance in public sector plans – Resource allocation pattern in the five year plans of Andhra Pradesh under develops after NITI Aayog.
3. Economic policies of A.P including industrial and implementation and mission based development state Government. Industries in Andhra Pradesh – Growth and structure of industries – Role of Small Scale and Cottage Industries – structure of Co - operatives – share of Co - operatives in total credit of Andhra Pradesh. Energy management
4. Service sectors of Andhra Pradesh – Importance - Composition and growth with special reference to Power, Transport and Communication, Tourism and Information Technology in Andhra Pradesh.
5. Socio Economic welfare Programmes of Government of Andhra Pradesh
Best Books Suggested By Achievers Academy
APPSC Group-II SCREENING TEST - Vijeta Competitions Editorial Board
· Indian Polity by M LaxhmiKath
· Lucent’s General Science+ Science and Technology by tata Mcgraw hill + Newspaper
· Mrunal Economy Archive, Indian Economy by Ramesh Singh 9th Edition
· Geography of India for Civil Services and other Competitive Examination - Majid Husain
· APPSC GENERAL STUDIES & MENTAL ABILITY – ENGLISH MEDIUM - Vijeta Competitions Editorial Board
· APPSC Group-II Screening Test Top-25 Model Papers by Vijeta Competitions Editorial Board
· Environment By Shankar (6th) Revised Edition (2019-2020 Session) by Shankar