There are plenty of websites online where you can search for the RRB NTPC syllabus.
One of the most trusted ones is the Achievers Next website & you can look for the syllabus here.
Here is a brief overview of the syllabus:
Mathematics: Number System, LCM, HCF, Decimals, Ratio and Proportions, Fractions, Mensuration, Percentage, Time and Distance, Elementary Algebra, Time and Work, Simple and Compound Interest, Profit and Loss, Geometry and Trigonometry, Elementary Statistics, etc.
General Intelligence & Reasoning:
- Completion of Number and Alphabetical Series
- Coding and Decoding
- Mathematical Operations
- Similarities and Differences
- Analytical Reasoning
- Jumbling & Puzzles
- Venn Diagrams
- Data Sufficiency
- Statement- Conclusion & Courses of Action
- Decision Making
- Maps & Interpretation of Graphs
- Current Events of National and International Importance
- Games and Sports
- Art and Culture of India
- Monuments and Places of India
- General Scientific and Technological Developments including Space and Nuclear Program of India
- Indian Literature
- General Science and Life Science (up to 10th CBSE)
- History of India and Freedom Struggle
- Physical, Social and Economic Geography of India and World
- Indian Polity and Governance - Constitution and political system
- UN and Other important World Organizations
- Environmental Issues Concerning India and World at Large
- Basics of Computers and Computer Applications
- Common Abbreviations
- Transport Systems in India
- Indian Economy
- Famous Personalities of India and World
- Flagship Government Programs
- Flora and Fauna of India
- Important Government & Public Sector Organizations of India
That was the RRB NTPC CBT 1 Syllabus.
- Keep a calendar with the important dates and deadlines, so that you can prepare accordingly. Make sure you have all the necessary information before you start your preparation. School, college, or institute-wise exam schedules are published in newspapers only if they are not confidential. In such cases, they don't get officially announced on either Employment News or Achievers Next website/mobile app, etc.,
- Do not skip any topics from the syllabus. If at all there's a topic which you think is useless then read it anyway because most likely that particular topic will come in the exam. If you have a doubt, then ask your seniors or teachers about that topic and if their answers do not satisfy you, then consult from the Internet.
- You can also prepare notes on the topics of the RRB NTPC exam. These notes will be useful for revision purposes later on. You may even go through the previous year's questions to familiarize yourself with the examination pattern & types of questions asked in the exam.
- Go through old newspapers at least once a week as it is an important source of general awareness required by all competitive exams these days. Remember that more often than not GK questions are directly related to newspaper reports. Read all newspapers regularly as that will keep you aware of the latest happenings across India and World.
- Join RRB NTPC online coaching classes like Achievers Next for better guidance.
- Start your preparation early and give yourself plenty of time, so that you'll be able to complete each topic. If you are starting your preparation in the last week or month then it will only lead to stress, tension & panic which will eventually affect your performance badly.
- Keep tracking your performance regularly during practice sessions by noting down all questions attempted along with correct answers in a notebook or an Excel sheet on mobile or laptop. This way you can analyze where you went wrong in the exam session and accordingly plan for improvement.
All the best!